Anxiety can be caused by a number of different situations and scenarios, both experienced now and from your past.
There are so many different aspects of childhood that could impact your perception of events that make you feel anxious today. These could be:
- being bullied or being socially excluded.
- physical or emotional abuse
- losing a parent or loved one
Your current life situation:
Current situations and problems in your life can also trigger anxiety. A few examples might be:
- lots of change or uncertainty
- burnout or build-up of stress
- money problems
- feeling lonely or isolated
- being abused, bullied or harassed.
- relationships issues
Ongoing mental health or physical issues:
Diagnosed mental health problems such as PTSD, depression and Bipolar can often be associated with feelings of anxiety.
Physical health problems such as living with a chronic illness or condition, pre or post operation or living in a life-threatening can be huge triggers of anxiety.